KAPC Branch in Kisumu was opened in 1997. This premise accommodates staff and students in a comfortable environment which is conducive for learning. The Centre Offers Counsellor Training in Certificate, Diploma and Higher Diploma Level. The Centre also offers Counsellor Supervision Course.
KAPC Kisumu branch is glad to have undertaken the following projects:
- Involved in the HIV/AIDS Prevention and care Project (HAPC) in Nyanza Province in 1999 - 2003.
- Trained Counsellors and Counsellor Supervision and provided Supervision through Support of DFID in Collaboration with Futures Group.
- Trained Counsellors in the Ministry of Health in Collaboration with CDC- KEMRI, MSF France Homa Bay, GTZ - Migori, We have Trained Counsellors for PandPieri Community Health Programme Kisumu. CCF Nyanza, Plan Kenya Kisumu, Homabay and Bondo Units. World Vision Homa Bay Bungoma and Teso.
- Trained Counsellors for Rotary Doctors in Siaya.
- Trained Counsellor for Ministry of Health Staff in Collaboration with MSF Spain Busia, Pathfinder International, (Yala, Kakamega, Bungoma, Webuye, Busia Kitale and Eldoret. Family Health International (FHI) Western Province.
- Trained Staff from Kaplong Mission Hospital Litein AIC Mission Hospital and Sotik Tea Company. This is Besides training Individuals who have Sponsored themselves.
Kenya Association of Professional Counsellors
P.O. Box 2973 Kisumu
Tel/Fax (57)2027071, 2027959
Mobile: 0727232452, 0733770531
KAPC Kisumu office is Located at Mamboleo Junction, Off Kakamega Road, opposite Farm Engineering Industries ltd.